Friday, November 5, 2010

Too good to be true...

{Source}

BLArGH. It's been a rough week... I'm drowning in work and this weekend is the MPRE which I obviously didn't have time to start studying for until Wednesday. Also earlier this week, there were mudslides in Costa Rica which obviously immediately led to a series of nightmares... the last thing I need is to bury all my closest friends and family in deathly Costa Rican mud.

{source}


Also this week, my lovely FI wrote a wonderful article about the current border dispute between Nicaragua and Costa Rica. While I am not concerned about the mudslides, or the cross-border conflicts since the wedding is still 7 months away, I can't help but realize that I don't have wedding insurance... what IF something does happen in the next year that actually makes my wedding impossible!?!?

Then I got this kind of amazing email from Christine Best from Well Spun Weddings. We entered this contest last month for free wedding cinematography, and we didn't win... BOOOO :( But Christine loved our application so much that she offered to film our wedding for a nominal editing fee plus travel expenses.

This video totally made me cry. I've never heard this song but it is so sweet. Not to mention all the tears shared by the bride and her family...

HD wedding film from Well Spun Wedding Films on Vimeo.


This one gave me goosebumps... I LOVE this song. I have never mentioned this (because it was a horrible source of embarrassment growing up) but I grew up in a karaoke family. What do I mean by that? I mean that karaoke has been a part of my life for as long as I remember...at birthday parties, new years, graduation parties, yes, highschool AND college! My mother is Chinese! It's not that weird! hehehe.

The point is, I have a lot of amazing memories of late night Chinese New Year parties at my grandma's house where my dad (a large Bill Cosby-esque Nigerian man) is (slightly intoxicated) and singing this song as my mom blushes and sways along with him giggling like a school girl. It really touches my heart... I can only hope to one day have a relationship as sweet and loving as my parents'.

Puerto Rico from Well Spun Wedding Films on Vimeo.



Mexico from Well Spun Wedding Films on Vimeo.



I haven't read the contract yet or really figured out what the total expense will be for us but on its face, it looks amazing and I'm super excited.

I'll try to schedule a conversation with them for next week and let you know how it goes :D

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails