Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sparkles and Shines

{Source}

There is really nothing more amazing than a great statement necklace. I know there was certainly a time when a single strand of pearls was the only option but that was probably also when brides wore traditional veils and white satin shoes. There is obviously nothing wrong with traditional but there's also something amazing about moving away from tradition and expressing your personality on your big day.

For me that's not only gonna be a hot pair of pumps but a stunning necklace. I LOVE big bold necklaces and adore pearls. Yes, I know pearls and lace, could I be any more predictable, but I like what I like. Lately, I seem to be spotting a lot of great necklaces around the blogisphere and wanted to share:

{Source}

{source}

{Source}

{Source}

{Source}

Aren't they gorgeous-ness!?! Also how much do you love those touching moments right before the wedding where the MOTB helps the bride put on her necklace.... so precious. I officially have a new obsession. These are the pearly possibilities I found today but the search is still young I am sure there will be plenty more to come!

{Nordstrom: $58}

{Banana Republic: $98}

{Ann Taylor: $138}

{J.Crew: $118}

{Nordstrom: $38}

{Nordstrom: $32}


Have you decided what you are going to do about jewelry? How much did you budget for your extra sparkles and shine?

6 comments:

  1. All such beautiful necklaces! I wish I could pull off a statement necklace but I think it would be too much since all the detail on my dress is around the bust. Instead I'm going for a statement bracelet and super simple earrings. But I still flip flop all the time though on what exactly I want to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tasha Flower Statement Necklace from Nordstrom...so pretty. My wedding dress had a lot of detail, so I wore chandelier earrings and a diamond solitaire I got as a wedding present from my awesome groom. I also had a headband I bought on etsy for 32$ and the earrings were my "something borrowed".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swoon! I love larger pearl necklaces, especially when combined with ribbon. Unfortunately, these won't work with my dress, so I'm living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I love the new layout!!!! I love the idea of a statement necklace, but I also want to do a mantilla veil...too much? Perhaps. Might just do it anyways :D
    I am loving the second to last one from nordys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    The top of my dress is pretty simple because I knew I would want a big necklace but I am also doing a birdcage veil and possible a big floral fascinator... oh geez. I may be over accessorizing! I will definitely have to do a trial run...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could eat up each one of these necklaces, they're so pretty! I look forward to seeing your total bridal look. :)

    Also, no combination can beat lace and pearls. I'd like to wear my grandmother's pearls for the ceremony, but mmmmm, these statement necklaces are tempting for the reception!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails