Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I HAVE A CINEMATOGRAPHER!!!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

It was just a few weeks ago that I thought I wouldn't be able to afford a cinematographer. Today I can officially announce that Jon from Well Spun Weddings will be filming my wedding! I entered this contest a while back and even though I didn't win, Jon loved my entry and offered to do my wedding at cost. At first I thought it was a huge scam and didn't even want to respond to the email. I googled Jon, his company, and read all the reviews I could find... and finally I called Jon and after talking to him, I knew it was meant to be.

To be honest, everyone at WSW has been so A-MAZING! I don't know anything about film or filming a wedding but Jon was just super patient and super nice. He explained things that I hadn't even thought about (ie. getting there early to get time lapse film of sunset/sunrise... yea, that's how they do that! I just assumed it was all canned film!) and was just really easy to talk to.

Much like the moment when Julie (my photog) said she was a ninja, I knew Jon was "the one" when he said "I really like to plan down to the minute. From the time I leave the house to the moment I get back on the plane." L.O.V.E. He's even beta testing a program that would allow all your vendors to sync up their various wedding day schedules into one document which you could print and review! If I get my hands on the program, I'll be sure to see if I can pass it along ;)

I really couldn't be happier. I know they haven't actually DONE anything yet, but based on my experience thus far I couldn't recommend them any more strongly!

Here's what I learned about hiring a cinematographer:
1. Make sure that you really like the people who are going to be there the entire day! It doesn't matter if you hate your florist or your caterer, if they do a good job, but your wedding planner, your photographer and your cinematographer, they will be there for the most intimate moments of your big day so you want to make sure that they aren't a black cloud but an extra star helping YOU shine bright :D

2. Ask questions! Don't be afraid to ask, if even you think they are stupid questions! If they aren't willing to answer even your stupidest questions now, who knows what it'll be like once you get closer to the day!

3. Do your due diligence! Don't just take their word for it, google is your friend. Double, Triple, Quadruple Check! It's your wedding and your money, make sure its what YOU want, at a price YOU can live with, for services YOU want!

4. Be yourself! Let them know who you are so they can know what to expect and how to meet your needs. It's a two way street so don't make it too hard on your vendors.

I guess that's all...

I've posted these videos before but just in case you missed them I certainly feel they are worth re-posting!

Mexico from Well Spun Wedding Films on Vimeo.



Melissa & Rodrigo from Well Spun Wedding Films on Vimeo.



After the week I've had, I really needed this! It's been one of the most exciting developments of the entire wedding planning process...What has been your favorite moment in the wedding planning process? Have you had any unexpected surprises?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome news! I've had a vendor crush on them for a bit. The videos are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome videos! Congratulations on being able to secure them!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails