Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sample Sales and Group Discounts

In the last few weeks I have become obsessed with signing up for different sample sale and group discount websites. The idea being, I have champagne taste on a beer budget (it's probably closer to a Prosecco budget but you get the point). I've a "member" of Gilt, Ideeli, Rue la la, Haute Look, and Groupon for over a year now. While I love the sample sale sites, I don't think they are a great wedding resources. I think they will be great resources for wedding shoes, jewelry, and bridesmaid gifts. I am finding that Groupon really has the most interesting wedding related deals. They always have deals on teeth whitening, or photobooks! I realized I was going about things all wrong and I really needed to shift my focus.

In light of this realization, this week I joined Buy-with-me, Lifebooker, HomeRun, and Living Social. I've already mentioned my interest in developing a hair/skin/teeth whitening plan for my wedding day. I really think this may be the answer.

For instance, today Lifebooker featured a deal for $99 Eyelash extensions ! I did a little research on yelp and it seems like $300 is the going rate for a set of eyelash extensions. So this seems like a pretty good deal.

This also highlights the problem with this plan... there are constantly deals for things/services that I didn't necessarily think of. *Sigh* Another win for the wedding industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails