Monday, September 27, 2010

I LoVe my FH

Sorry I've been a little MIA for the last week. Last week was insane! Not only did I have class and work (as usu) but I had two mini papers, a presentation and a final exam.. so I didn't have very much time to blog. It all got done but I was exhausted, grumpy and really just over it by the end of the week and Saturday was Dave's birthday! So we spent all day doing birthday stuff (well most of the day... "we" spent part of the day being grumpy).

Unfortunately the grumpiness didn't end there! I woke up this morning with a major case of the Mondays. I was suppose to start my hot yoga class this morning but it was pouring so already the day was off to a horrible start. Dave suggested (very nicely) that we take the save the dates to the post office. So after about 30 minutes of totally unnecessary grumpiness we packed up all the invitations (in a ziploc bag, two plastic bags, a paper bag and a purse) and headed to the post office. When we weighed the envelopes on the little do-it-yourself automated thingy they were too heavy for the 44 cent stamps which spent forever peeling off the bad envelopes to put on the new envelopes. I was literally on the verge of tears. I don't know why... I was just so tired and didn't want to deal with it. So we got in the long line to see how much additional postage the envelopes needed and when we got to the front we were told that they were actually ok! Some would see this as a small victory, I saw this as delayed frustration. I asked her like 5 times and made her weigh three different envelopes but I'm still not convinced they won't all come back with a huge "insufficient postage" stamp on them!

This was the attitude with which I left my house this morning to start my day. Let's just say things only got worse from there.... from being blown off for a group meeting... to standing in the pouring rain for 20 minutes waiting for a bus. I just couldn't catch a break.. THEN i got home ans saw this:

I stumbled over this ottoman as I walked in the front door.

It says "STOP! You have a quest (a small one) Take off your stuff and put it down here. Put down your umbrella and shake cold and wet. For you must brace that dirty place to which you ate to go most in our abose. SEEK YOUR TREASURE."

I hate our new kitchen. For no reason other than the fact that its not as shiny and new as the kitchen in our old apartment.
On the freezer door I find this "Check'd the counter?" (I HAD NOT, so I did that)

On the counter! Two yummy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Then back to the freezer.

A homemade peanut butter cookie with butterfinger ice cream sandwich! Yummy. The sign says: "Sorry things have been so rough... Hopefully this will help you feel like we're counting down to the best day of the year!"


Final note under the cookies.

I love my FH.

3 comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails