Thursday, September 2, 2010

DIY: Chandelier?

{City Cradle Design}


I was so excited last Friday when I saw that Style Me Pretty had a link to a DIY chandelier!! I am not gonna lie I was a little disappointed when I clicked on the link and it led me to this mason jar chandelier. While I recognize that a chandelier is merely any branched, decorative lighting fixture that holds a number of bulbs or candles and is suspended from a ceiling... it was still a little whaaa whaaa whaaa-aaaa.

So I thought I would do my own research and I really couldn't find anything that met my expectations. So here's what I've come up with:

I adore this chandelier from Pottery Barn Kids:

{Mia Chandelier - $169}


Then I found this modestly priced basic chandelier on Etsy:

{Chic Country Boutique's Shop - $65}


Then I found this great website for crystal strands!

Priced at $38.70 for a 30 foot continuous acryliccrystal garland and $87 for glass crystals.

In theory that would put my DIY chandelier at around $105. The question is: Is it worth it to do all that work (and risk making a huge mess) in order to save $50??

*****FYI Decorate My Wedding also sells ostrich feathers and strands of acrylic pearls! They also have DIY Crystal Tree kits.

CORRECTION:

I found this amazingDIY Bubble Chandelier. These acrylic bubbles remind me so much of that bubble scene in cinderella.


Decorate my wedding has the grids for $19.99 each and glass bubbles in various sizes and prices. How fabulous would this be over the head table or at the alter. CB2 also carries bubble balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails