Saturday, April 17, 2010

Real Wedding: India

A great friend (AK) reminded me of this amazing wedding that was featured in the NYT a few months ago.



The story of this couple that got married in an Indian orphanage inspired me to think creatively about how I will be spending my own hard earned money while wedding-planning.

It probably isn't within everyone's budget to fly to India for a wedding (it certainly isn't in our budget) BUT there are definitely things that can be done to make sure you are spending your money in an ethical, environmentally-friendly and even philanthropic manner. For example, it was very important to my fiance and I that my engagement ring be conflict-free. Additionally, when looking at venues I always do a quick CSR check. I also look to see if and where the organization does charity work.

{For the complete NYT story click here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails