Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I ♥ Succulents


I spent last Thanksgiving in LA with my FF's amazing family. The weather was amazing. We spent Thanksgiving morning on the beach...and even saw dolphins!!

The day after Thanksgiving his parents took us to a park they love on Muholland Drive and on the way back we stopped at Trump National Golf Course and Terranea. While I was there I kind of fell in love with the succulents growing everywhere. Since then I bought two of my very own, Culpepper and Rosemary (yes, I still name all my possessions).

I also made a mental note about having succulents at my wedding. At that time I wasn't reading wedding blogs yet so I didn't really have a sense of what it would look like but I thought it could be amazing. It turns out a lot of people share my love for succulents.

Succulents are also great because they are eco-friendly alternative to cut flowers that can be used everywhere flowers are used. The best thing about succulent bouquets is, they can be replanted and kept as an amazing reminder of your big day! Here are some of my favorite succulent-filled weddings!

Lone Star Love: A gorgeous Texas Wedding



{Lovingly borrowed from Style me pretty}

A Darling Desert wedding




{Lovingly borrowed from Green Wedding Shoes}

A Beautiful Backyard Wedding in California.




{Lovingly borrowed from Green Wedding Shoes}

Here are some other images that I kind of adore:


{For the story behind this beautiful bouquet click here}
For more on succulents:
Green Wedding Shoes
Project Wedding
Bay Area Bride Guide
Etsy
Martha Stewart Weddings
LZ and EJ {Wedding Favors}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails