Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Keeping things simple

Today I read the most amazing post on A Los Angeles Love. The lovely blogger on a LA Love spoke about the envy (and anger) that comes with planning a wedding on a budget. I definitely know the feeling, but the thing that really caught my eye was where she says " We have a wedding in which we've edited away the fluff, out of sheer necessity, and focused on a day and rituals that matter to us."

This got me thinking about how I could edit out the fluff. I am definitely doing brunch at my wedding but I have been having such a hard limiting myself. I want a waffle station, omelet station, pancake station, beignets, french toast, coffee bar, juice bar, mimosas... and the list goes on!! I know I can't afford all these things but that doesn't stop me from wanting them with every bone in my body. THEN I saw this amazing post on Green Wedding Shoes.


I love the simplicity of this rooftop pancake affair. I have to believe that at the end of the day no one will care if they don't get to choose from 5 different exotic juices and 8 different coffees. I definitely do need to take a step back and figure out what's important to me.(hehehe... us, I suppose)

P.S...
{How adorable is the "I Love Us". I think it's definitely one of my favorite wedding themes/sayings.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails